[support] Really slow Views

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Jul 10 15:01:12 UTC 2012

IIRC, _getFeeditemByItemid_block is part of the feed module or maybe
it is a generated function on the fly as part of View in coordination
with the feed module.  So you would need to make sure the tables in
the DB are setup properly with indexes.  Do an explain in your DB
admin tool for a copy of the query.  The explain will help narrow what
is happening; but it sounds like a full table read.

Earnie

On Tue, Jul 10, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Ms. Nancy Wichmann
<nan_wich at bellsouth.net> wrote:
> I have a blank page with 4 views placed as blocks in Content Bottom. This
> page is taking 75 seconds to load. According to Devel, there are 4 queries
> that comprise the bulk of the time. These  are all identified as
> "_getFeeditemByItemid_block". I cannot find this function on my system. A
> query that takes 17 seconds (17,000 ms) is unacceptable, and even more so
> when it is repeated 4 times. Does anyone have any idea what this is and how
> I might address the slowness?
>
> Nancy
> Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. -- Dr. Martin L. King,
> Jr.

Earnie