[support] Really slow Views

Jamie Holly hovercrafter at earthlink.net
Tue Jul 10 15:34:09 UTC 2012

What Earnie said. Whenever you do sites with views, it's always best to
spend some time and put the queries into mysql and do an explain. Even
if you see queries executing in decent times, it's still best to double
check because it could still be doing a full scan, but you just don't
have that much data in at development.

A lot of times you can fix them with indexing, but there are the
occasions when you actually need to rewrite the query in a module.

Jamie Holly
http://www.intoxination.net
http://www.hollyit.net