[support] Block order within content type

Vaibhav Jain in.vaibhavjain at gmail.com
Thu Mar 8 03:35:13 UTC 2012

I believe, this can be done pretty easily with adding a custom region
around content.
A region before content and a region after content, where required blocks
can be added.

If you are showing block on the node view page, then there is another way
this can be achieved.
You can add the contents of the block in $node object, on nodeapi view
operation, and you will get the data in node--content-type.tpl.php, where
you can custom theme it.
To add block contents to $node object check this -
http://drupal.org/node/164799

On Thu, Mar 8, 2012 at 1:26 AM, Earnie Boyd <earnie at users.sourceforge.net>wrote:

> On Wed, Mar 7, 2012 at 1:47 PM, Anthony <tony at tony-mac.com> wrote:
> > The order of blocks is set chronologically. Is that right? Last block
> added
> > on top? I'd like to shuffle them around. Doesn't work in the blocks admin
> > page. Is this theme related? Omega.
> >

> Yes.  It is the theme that actually ends up controlling the data given
> it.  Recently I've been using Pixture Reloaded and when I add a block
> to the content area it is presented under the content.  Someone who is
> better at theme coding will have to give you pointers in how to change
> the theme.
>
> --
> Earnie
> -- https://sites.google.com/site/earnieboyd