[support] D7, help with entity reference...

Vincenzo Rubano vincenzorubano at email.it
Mon Mar 19 10:42:47 UTC 2012

Hi all,

I have a Drupal site where I need to have an "entity reference" field that should allow me to reference a node (of a custom content type) to another entity (I
have to decide if it will be a node of another content type or a "custom" entity).
But I have a problem: let's say I am creating the node that should reference the other entity, and I notice that the value I would like to reference is
missing. Is there a way to add an option to the "entity reference field" (provided by the module "entity reference") that will allow me to insert new values
for that entity (on the same page)?

I am not sure my explanation was clear enough (unfortunately my english is not so good), so I'll give you an example to make the problem more understandable:
I have a node with some fields and, after them, an "entity reference" field that allow me to reference an user from a node. But, unfortunately, I can't
find the user that the node should be referenced to. I would like to have the possibility to click on a link or a button to see, after the node entity's
fields, the User entity's fields to insert the value I need. Is it possible? How can I get this result?

Currently I am using the "entity reference" module...

I've tried References Dialog, but the module doesn't seem to work at all... What could I do to solve my problem? Should I have to create a custom module?

Thanks in advance.

            Vincenzo.

 Sponsor:

 Centinaia di Idee Regalo a partire da 1 euro! Su MisterCupido.com alta qualita' a prezzi imbattibili... e spedizioni in 2/3 giorni!

 Clicca qui: http://adv.email.it/cgi-bin/foclick.cgi?mid=11452&d=19-3