[support] Multisite Broke After Drush 'archive-restore'

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Mon Nov 19 13:02:08 UTC 2012

On Fri, Nov 16, 2012 at 10:47 PM, Richard Damon wrote:
> If apache is differentiating the sites into different document roots,
> then the site is NOT using multi-site. By definition, multi-site has
> multiple domains (and such) being routed to the same document root and
> Drupal uses the access pattern to determine which "site" directory to
> use for it.

Huh?  The multi-site in this case is more than one site listed in the
sites directory.  The DocumentRoot can be specified differently and a
symlink used to create that directory or the DocumentRoot could be the
same directory for each Virtual site.  I tend to have a directory
structure of SITE/htdocs and htdocs is a symlink to the Drupal version
used for the site.  This allows me to but the access and error logs in
the SITE directory for that site.  This gives me control to upgrade
one site at a time when I do an upgrade.  It is kind of difficult to
execute update.php on more than one site with certainty that the
process completes.  If an issue arises then you want to focus on that
issue until it is resolved because the site is down.  I don't want all
sites down at once.

--
Earnie