[support] Domains, subdomains on D7

John Summerfield summer at js.id.au
Wed Apr 3 05:11:49 UTC 2013

On 26/03/13 00:21, Pia Oliver wrote:
> Organic groups module will do what you want.
>
> Pia

I have had a look at some videos, and I'm not sure it does what I want
the way I want.

I want each club to have its own separate identity, but I suspect that
if Pia were a member of Friends and Raiders, she'd see content from both
all the time.

That isn't what I want.

My preference is for the clubs to be identified by domain name, and the
domain module allows that.

I had a quick look at CiviCRM (however capitalised), and while overkill,
it looks like it could fit right in, and it attends to many of the
matters I would like, However, it requires MySQL, and I don't use MySQL.

The multisite feature allows me to share users without difficulty. drush
doesn't really support it though. However, if I don't share much that
might not matter.

Sharing designated content remains though.

I have an idea involving user code: basically tag content with "owning"
domain and shareability info.