[support] Account Setup and First Login

Peter Lutz peter3 at sonic.net
Fri Apr 12 15:07:09 UTC 2013

Good Morning.

I have a simple site setup for which I would like people to be able to
register.  When they click on Create new account, they get an e-mail,
but when they click on the link in the e-mail, they get an Access Denied
page, and I have to give them a password and re-email them, telling them
of the account activation and what the assigned password is.

Is this the way account assignment is supposed to work if I have it set
to require administration confirmation of accounts?  I don't want to let
just anyone create a new account, as the material is rather specialized.

The site is:  http://bookstudy.p-lutz.net

Thank you.

Peter
--