[support] Account Setup and First Login

Earnie Boyd earnie at users.sourceforge.net
Fri Apr 12 16:50:29 UTC 2013

On Fri, Apr 12, 2013 at 11:07 AM, Peter Lutz wrote:
> Good Morning.
>
> I have a simple site setup for which I would like people to be able to
> register.  When they click on Create new account, they get an e-mail,
> but when they click on the link in the e-mail, they get an Access Denied
> page, and I have to give them a password and re-email them, telling them
> of the account activation and what the assigned password is.
>
> Is this the way account assignment is supposed to work if I have it set
> to require administration confirmation of accounts?  I don't want to let
> just anyone create a new account, as the material is rather specialized.

Yes, if you require admin confirmation of accounts then until you
confirm them they will get a 404 error.  You may change the content of
the first email to state that you have received the request and are
reviewing it.  Then state that they will receive subsequent email with
a first time login information if they are approved.

--
Earnie