[support] drush archive-dump selected directories

Tim Johnson tim at akwebsoft.com
Sat Dec 7 16:29:30 UTC 2013

* Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [131206 11:57]:
> * Tim Johnson <tim at akwebsoft.com> [131206 10:20]:
> > * Ingo Preuss <ingo.preuss at gmail.com> [131206 07:11]:
> > > Try the backup and migrate module.
> > >
> > > Hth
> >   Thanks for the tip. Backup and migrate on its own just backs up
> >   the database, but it has a plugin
> >   https://drupal.org/project/backup_migrate_files
> >   to back up files.
> >   I will report back. :) It isn't drush but I hope it will work in a
> >   pinch.
>     I ran into problems with the backup_migrate_files module
>   regarding pear (FYI - am php noob).
>   The solution using archive-dump is I believe  the
>   tar-options option which passes options to tar.
>   tar-options="exclude=dir1 exclude=dir2 ..." works
>
>   more simply an input file would work better for multiple
>   excludes, and that should be  the tar
>   '-T file_listing_files_to_exclude.txt' option.
>
>   So far I haven't been able to make that work, but will be the
>   solution, I suspect.
>
>   I will post what works when I get to it.
   Was a typo above. Should have typed
    '-X file_listing_files_to_exclude.txt' option.
    I.E. the tar option should be -X

    But I can't get it to work. If I use the option above as a quote
    to --tar-option, drush will back up only the sites directory.

    If (by running drush in verbose) I run one of the same tar
    commands that drush is issuing, I get the selective backup I'm
    looking for.

    If anyone would like to pursue this or has any further ideas, I
    would welcome comments, suggestion etc... otherwise I may submit
    this problem as a trouble ticket.

    IMHO - archive-dump should be able to do pick directories and
    files selectively.
--
Tim