[support] Problem with running Drupal 7 on Addon domain

Metzler, David metzlerd at evergreen.edu
Fri Feb 22 16:44:34 UTC 2013

Much depends on your hosting provider config. Typically when I set up add-on domains on mine.  They ask me which directory I'd like to use to host that.   Sometimes they suggest a directory contained within the doc root, sometimes outside.  Setting up that domain does not necessarily install drupal in that directory.  Assuming you are using the stock drupal provided .htaccess and that that file is present it should not be preventing access.  However if the htdocs directory for the addon directory was not the directory that you thought it was, and the hosting provider did  allow directory listing by default in the  apache configuration then you would experience exactly the error that you're getting.  So my best guess is that the drupal source code is not in the htdoc root of the addon domain, like you think it is.

Dave