[support] Best practices for stage <--> productions

Info Razor inforazor at gmail.com
Fri Feb 22 18:34:40 UTC 2013

Welcome to Drupal!

I would strongly suggest using the features module http://drupal.org/project/features as a means to pack DB changes together into deliverable chunks that you can then install on your staging server (and eventually production server) for doing test-deployments.

Features for the DB and GIT/Mercurial for the code-base = version control and (nearly) full coverage for the database changes you need to track across platforms.

Features will require other modules to get full use, like Strong Arm for some parameters, but once you dig into it you'll figure out what it is you might need to add to the mix.

Good luck!

datarazor