[support] Mass E-Mail in Drupal 7

Kamal Palei palei.kamal at gmail.com
Wed May 29 00:16:09 UTC 2013

Hi Steve
In your earlier mail you mentioned, "Drupal will not put a limit. If you
are sending lots of emails consider running them in a queue.  You might
want to look at message module and Views Bulk Operations.  This might be a
good way to get the emails out of Drupal. "

I tried to look at message module, looks it is large one.
Can you give some idea how the queue stuff is implemented. Is it that I
will store details in mysql and will dispatch mails at certain
intervals..., I am new to these things, kindly give me more details..

And I assume, if I use mandrill or Amazon SES, probably queueing is not
required as I read Amazon SES does queuing itself (read from SES
documentation), Mandrill not sure.

Best Regards
Kamal