[support] Ckeditor not visible by drupal, the dripal, version doesn't work

Roger arelem at bigpond.com
Thu Oct 10 07:13:14 UTC 2013

On 10/10/2013 02:43 PM, support-request at drupal.org wrote:
> >It says to install new modules, so I successfully installed
> >
> >admin_menu-7.x-3.0-rc4.tar.gz
> >imce-7.x-1.7.tar.gz
> >
> >into modules/contrib (I had to create contrib).  With the same procedure
> >I installed
> >
> >ckeditor_4.2.1_full.zip
> >
> >but whereas the other two became visible to drupal and can be enabled,
> >ckeditor never shows up.
> >
> >The above tutorial says "not to use the drupal version", so I downloaded
> >the one from ckeditor.com (the home page of ckeditor).
> >
> >If I point the browser to
I've not heard of a /modules/contrib file system.

Drupal contributed modules are usually installed in /sites/all/modules
Themes go into /sites/all/themes

ckeditor_4.2.1_full.zip gets unzipped into /sites/all/libraries as I described in an earlier note so you have /sites/all/libraries/ckeditor/

Yeah that no info file is an old problem. The installation pages should
be removed and done properly as should the dozen or so instalation pages
in Google. The old crappy info is very confusing.
Roger