[support] Sub-theme

Chris Miller cjm at tryx.org
Thu Oct 10 17:26:14 UTC 2013

Hi Pia,

No. I haven't done that for a very specific reason and that reason is that your recommended procedure does not give me a sub-theme; it gives me a custom theme which is a modified copy of Bartik rather than a sub-classed descendant. In this case, I am no longer inheriting from the Bartik base theme; I will have a copy which means that any changes to the base theme will be ignored and I don't really have a sub-theme; I have a modified new base-theme. I am lead to believe that what I have done is sufficient. ( https://drupal.org/node/225125 ), but clearly there is something that I don't understand, because my understanding is at variance with practice.

Thanks for the help,

Chris.