[support] document management solution for our Program Information Publication System (PIPS) project

John Mitchell mitchelljj98 at gmail.com
Fri Apr 4 17:05:24 UTC 2014

In the next 6-12 months we will be looking into a document management
solution for our Program Information Publication System (PIPS) project and
we did some research found a Drupal module called "filedepot" (
https://drupal.org/project/filedepot). It appears to have a lot of features
that are concurrent with PIPS requirement like security settings, workflow
management, and document revision management. Of course the design and
functionality will need to be branched from the original module, but this
module may allow us to get a head start on PIPS development if it's a good
fit.

Also I also noticed that Alfresco has a document management solution and
after further research I noticed that Acquia and Alfresco now has a
partnership.

Could you please comment on where the Acquia and Alfresco partnership is at
and what would be the best option for the PIPS project either:

a.)    Drupal with filedepot

b.)    Alfresco by itself

c.)     Alfresco with a Drupal Alfresco contributed module connected to it

d.)    Acquia and Alfresco partnership???????

Thanks,

John Mitchell

--
John J. Mitchell