[support] Features Question

James R Stone fndtn357 at gmail.com
Tue Feb 11 01:01:08 UTC 2014

I am in a heavily customized Drupal Commerce site where I have 31 Features.
Eleven (11) of the features are based purely on off-the-shelf 3rd party
Drupal modules, the rest of the Features (20) have dependencies on the
other Features already existing and each other.

I need to update the normal off-the-shelf 3rd party modules (40 of them)
*and *Drupal core (from 7.23 to 7.26).

In the past and on simpler websites, I have updated all of the modules (if
non-problematic) then disabled them and updated Drupal core. After updating
core I then turn modules on, one at a time, and make sure things are still
working together.

I have not used Features extensively like this and do not feel sure about
the correct process for updating.

My impression is that as I update modules, my Features might have some
repercussions (do they show up as Overriden?) and that I should, one at a
time, Update/Recreate my Features, download the code, upload the Feature to
the website and turn it back on.

Is this correct? Should I update all of the off-the-shelf 3rd party Drupal
modules first? Then update all of the Features?

Should I update one module at a time, checking for Overrides showing in
Features and the updating those Feature(s) one at a time also?

What would the best methodology be in this situation?

 *James R Stone*
*Drupal builder-developer-consultant*Messages: 216-635-5492 | Office:
216-931-0475
fndtn357 at gmail.com

<fndtn357 at gmail.com>
  <https://drupal.org/user/255723>
   [image: LinkedIn] <http://www.linkedin.com/in/jamesrstone>
   [image: Twitter] <http://www.twitter.com/fndtn357>

<http://www.twitter.com/fndtn357>"The skill of coding is to create a
context in which other people can contribute."