[support] Hostgator as a hosting site

Christopher Jordan christopher.coolgbb7 at gmail.com
Mon Jan 12 07:23:09 UTC 2015

It's unfortunate that you are experiencing this issue. However as the
others have said shared hosting is not best for drupal or high traffic. You
should always have an additional backup of the databases and files and host
gator should be able to provide these at anytime. They should also be able
to upgrade your type of hosting to support increase in resource
requirements. My advice to you is to always have a working copy of your
drupal on a remote server or locally as a backup and another copy on the
live environment for staging so that you can revert to it. Take every
precaution to minimize downtime. Host gator will say nothing is wrong with
their server OS or hardware so they will not accept liability for your
downtime.
When looking for hosting for drupal look for a company that is active in
the drupal community so you will always know their standing amongst drupal
users. One more thing use a CDN this will also enhance availability and
security. I am a start up drupal hosting and support company so you can
visit my website to learn more.