[themes] Annoyance with IE/CSS In Drupal Theme

Bèr Kessels ber at webschuur.com
Sat Aug 5 18:20:57 UTC 2006

step 1: make it all validate! 80% of the problems are solved by/in validation
step 2: isolate the problem, by putting border:1px solid red; around several
potential breaking elements. majority of the problems become very clear now.
step 3: note down the difference in IE/FF/Konq(or safari, or opera) if FF and
konq (or one of the other two) both do it "right" you can be quite sure you
have an IE bug.
step 4: google for the bug, this is the hard part, since you need to know the
name of the bug first :)
step 4.1: visit a mailinglist or #css on IRC where you show your theme/work
(urls!) and where you ask what the bug is called that is causing this.
step 5: find one of the many soludions
step 6: apply that solution.

Bèr