Re: [themes] although it’s a very powerful CMS, I didn’t have the greatest time with it as it came to be one of the most cumbersome and roundabout pieces of software...

Kieran Lal kieran at civicspacelabs.org
Wed Jun 14 18:10:58 UTC 2006

On Jun 14, 2006, at 9:47 AM, Bèr Kessels wrote:
> Hope this helps a little.  Bèr

When we did the administration user experience survey with almost 900
respondents it helped to focus improvements in Drupal and many many
user experience improvements were added for Drupal admins.  Multiple
comment administration and Blocks by Roles(now in 4.8) were obviously
important but just not a priority for core developers until we had
some data, not just opinion.

Drupal's roadmap is to win in the battle of the "easiest to use CMS
wins" all else being equal.

The admin survey showed that fixing themes was the hardest thing to
do for Drupal administrators.  What we need are more anecdotes,
similar to what Ber showed us so we start a parallel effort to
PHPTemplate 2.0.  Anecdotes can lead to designer interviews which can
lead to broad surveys.

Broad surveys can lead to user centered design.

Ber if you want to do some interviews with designers to start a user
centered design process that will merge with PHPTemplate 2.0 then
that's interesting to me and CivicSpace will back those efforts.

Kieran