[themes] displaying a 'View' of a specific content type node?

sebastian inforazor at gmail.com
Thu Apr 9 20:06:14 UTC 2009

Hello, this is a simple question I believe.

I've taken a pause from trying to figure out how to get variable name
outputs and instead I am focusing on a more feature I'd like to get working.

I'm struggling with finding good documentation, and the drupal.org
documentation seems very fragmented -- maybe it's just me, but I can't
seem to find out what the best approach is for the following:

I have a view set up which displays nodes of a certain taxonomy. I have
customized which fields are present and themed them all just fine.

Now I want to have it so that if a user clicks the attached image, or
the title of the node [or a link in the body of the content] that the
user goes to a new page that displays another view of JUST this one
node. Preferably I'd like to have control over the view of the
single-node view, just like I have control over the taxonomy-filtered
view I have already made.

Since I need to turn on 'link image to node' and 'link title to node',
this makes Drupal open the node's page, example: ?q=node/27

So how can I redirect or capture this 'click' and have the user see a
view of JUST node 27 when they click a title, formatted and displaying
only the fields I declare in a view?

I am aware that there are tpl.php files for nodes and node-types; but
I'm not sure that this is the right way to go...?

So, my question is one of approach: how would I go about doing this?
capturing from the view, or by patching up a tpl.php file?

Please remember I am a total Drupal 6 newbie... so please don't assume I
know much... This is my first website in drupal; I'm quite good at CSS,
and an expert in (object orientated) Actionscript/Flash; but a total
newbie in PHP and Drupal.

So thank you in advance for your patience and assistance!

Kind,

Sebastian.