Re: [translations] German translation: a german word for “node”

Gerhard Killesreiter gerhard at killesreiter.de
Fri Dec 9 14:22:33 UTC 2005

Morten Wulff wrote:

>-snip initial description-
>

>>Translation proposals for "node":
>>- Inhaltselement: A somewhat complicated word
>>

>This is the solution I have chosen for the Danish translation ("indholdselement").
>
>According to the dictionary, "knude"/"Knoten" is a valid translation but it doesn't really get the meaning across. I considered using the word "knudepunkt" but that sounds too technical and not quite right.

The question is if the word node is immediately known as a meaning for
content to an English native speaker. I have some doubt about this, and
therefore would just use the literal translation Knoten. Also, the word
"node" should not show up in the end-user visible strings anymore due to
its technical nature.

Cheers,
    Gerhard