[translations] updating translations: how valuable is user data after all?

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Wed May 23 09:48:52 UTC 2007

Alexandre Racine wrote:
> Whatever the answer is, it is clear to me that the user should have the
> choice to have a default value. Either overwrite all the time or not.
> This should be an option in the locale module or something similar.

Unfortunately we can't provide this option before the upgrade actually
happens, because you cannot access the Drupal 6 site with a Drupal 5
codebase behind it.

> If everything is controlled by the website drupal.org
> <http://drupal.org>, it would be interesting to have some kind of
> Rosetta (https://launchpad.net/rosetta ) online to translate everything.
> I am not saying that Rosetta is perfect here, but online
> user-base-revision translations is the way to go if Drupal software just
> downloads everything from the website.

*You* will download the packages, not the Drupal software. (Anyway, a
web based translation interface is in the plans, but it has no
connection whatsoever to Drupal 6 features).

Gabor