[consulting] Introduction - Mike Gifford (mgifford)

Mike Gifford mike at openconcept.ca
Tue Dec 6 18:26:00 UTC 2005

My name is Mike Gifford, from Ottawa, Canada.  I'm fairly new to the
Drupal world having decided to migrate my developers & clients to
Drupal.  I have been the lead developer for Back-End.org, another GPL
CMS, for the past 3-4 years.  Working in Canada's Capital it has just
made sense for us to focus on creating multi-lingual sites to serve
the many bilingual organizations here.  We'll be launching a Persian/
English web site that we started a year and a half ago fairly shortly
- we contributed Persian collation to MySQL so that the sort order
would work properly.  I'm discussing moving another client to Drupal
who wants a multilingual English/French/Persian/Arabic/Russian site.

Since diving into the drupal world in August OpenConcept has
contributed a lobby module and have also worked with the i18n team to
provide better multi-lingual support in Drupal.  I am coming to
Drupal through CivicSpace and have also been exploring CiviCRM and
its application for our clients.

We will be launching a number of Drupal sites fairly soon, but the
biggest on so far is for the Canadian Labour Congress' Take Action
site (see my signature).

I've been trying to use delicious & flickr to gather screen shots &
links to examples of drupal installs.  I've got examples in my
signature too.  I do think that it is useful to have examples to show
folks of what Drupal can look like.

Mike
--
Mike Gifford, OpenConcept Consulting