[consulting] exporting a site.

John Sechrest sechrest at jas.peak.org
Fri Dec 9 23:50:40 UTC 2005

Khalid B <kb at 2bits.com> writes:

 % 1) An archive (e.g. zip file or tar.gz file) of the directory where
 % Drupal is installed.

 % 2) A dump of the database. This can be done via the mysqldump command
 % or using phpMyAdmin.

 Yes, I could feed them a copy of the site.

 I think that the social work is done on the site. And that All they
 want is a reference site. So I don't want the users to transfer.
 Just the content. I think a tiddlywiki or an xml or pdf export
 would be useful, but I am not finding the general solution.

 % Note that the the site they will have will have the email address of
 % the admin, as well as other users, so if privacy is a concern, you
 % have to change those before you dump the database.

 Yes, this is a vital question.

 % >  And specifically, does anyone have any thoughts on how to take some sections
 % >  of nodes from one drupal site and move them to another.

 % Depending on the number of nodes, you may just copy/paste content to the site.

 I expect that there are 3000 nodes or so.

 % Otherwise, you need to export the nodes and then use the node_import
 % http://drupal.org/handbook/modules/node_import

 It is the node export button/command/module that I am not finding....

-----
                        .           computers and the Internet
                          .            more effectively
                             .