[consulting] Re: Fedora Core and the CMS Discussion

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Thu Dec 15 02:05:06 UTC 2005

It looks like Seth is saying, "I don't want to support
PHP applications for FedoraProjects.org", which is
his call, and probably a reasonable position to take
given his situation, which was clearly explained.

      There seems to be a further position,
that getting PHP-based projects into Fedora
might be difficult, since it is more aligned with
Python than PHP, or am I reading something
more into the discussion than is really being said?

      Are we interested in getting into Linux
Distros?

      I'm guessing that this would require a
committed party or parties to keep the Fedora
package for Drupal updated, to respond to issues,
and to be proactive about requirements upstream
and downstream.

      Djun