[consulting] drupal consulting and agreements

Dave Cohen drupal at dave-cohen.com
Sat Dec 17 23:37:55 UTC 2005

Fabio,

I recommend you retain the copyright on anything you write for them, and
license it to them under GPL.  Since all the Drupal code will be licensed
under GPL, this means all the code will be under the same license.  That
should appeal to your customers.

I've found customers to be concerned about whether they will have access to
source code, and whether they can hire others in the future to work with the
code.  With GPL they can do these things, and quite a lot more.

Finally, you'll still have rights to your work.  You can use it on future
projects and share it with the Drupal community.

-Dave