[consulting] UML case+component modelling

Boris Mann boris at bryght.com
Fri Dec 8 06:40:20 UTC 2006

On 12/7/06, Leigh <leighm at dgtlmoon.com> wrote:

> hi there
>
> Im just refining my practices for spec'ing a new site out with a
> client. We've gone documented what functionality we want and where
> possible which drupal modules are going todo it.
>
> However i was wondering if anyone has expirience in modelling this
> kind of stuff via some UML component type diagrams? im not so
> interested in the user case stuff just yet, but i do want to show
> things like "A list of current jobs lives in a node table which uses
> the views module to provide a block and a page"
>
> any ideas or examples?

I don't find the UML stuff useful. In many ways, Drupal frees you from
having to worry about (some) aspects about the DB structure....you've got
the node table and possibly some joins.

Use cases and descriptions of user flows, both in words and wireframes, are
what really are resonating for me and clients recently.

--
Boris Mann
Vancouver 778-896-2747