[consulting] Call for collaborative funding

Benjamin Melançon pwgdarchive at gmail.com
Wed Sep 27 18:21:07 UTC 2006

If there are any consultants somehow with a slow period...

Full note posted here:  http://drupal.org/node/86325

"The Knight Brothers 21st Century News Challenge hopes to recognize
transformative ideas, pilot projects, leadership initiatives and investment
opportunities that will help improve the flow of journalism, information and
news in the public interest."  (with a total of $5M given out in 2007,
application deadline the end of November.)

Here's the link to the guidelines and simple application:
http://newschallenge.org/

My own agenda is working with others to create various parts of a universal,
democratic communications network (neither unmoderated nor moderated, but
with prominence decided by random juries of people in the network). ...
Mostly I hope people put in really strong applications to this foundation
for any kind of Drupal or CiviCRM project, as anything that benefits Drupal
benefits all of us, and quite honestly benefits the goals of the Knight
Brothers foundation too.

One place where a lot of money could be poured into the above is a robust
mailing list solution that would allow people on a huge list to receive or
not receive messages based on hundreds of individual criteria, if anyone
knows folks with the skills to put such a proposal together.
 ....recap: there's people giving away money for a good cause (with a
leaning toward open source) that could absolutely benefit Drupal, the
application is fairly easy, and I'd love to collaborate with people to get
more money to do better things for more projects!

You can reach me through my contact form or at my cell phone, 508 737 0582.
Thanks!

More, including a link to proposal I made to fund the creation of a Related
Items Drupal module, at http://drupal.org/node/86325
ben melançon  ::  Agaric Design Collective  ::  http://agaricdesign.com