[consulting] Drupal Certification and Requirements

Eric Goldhagen eric at openflows.com
Wed Dec 19 14:05:33 UTC 2007

At 7:05 PM -0800 12/18/07, johnrosswvsu wrote:
>Hi Everyone!
>
>Is there any existing official Drupal examination that is conducted for
>examinees to get a certification? If so, what are the requirements (such as
>testing fees, etc)? Where could be the testing centers? and any additional
>information about it....
>
>John Ross
>
>--

In 20 years of professional computer-related work and consulting,
I've found formal certifications to be relatively useless as a way of
judging a job candidate's skill and knowledge.

While I'm sure it would generate income for the certifier, I'm not
sure if this would really be of value to the community. Although if
the money went to the Drupal Association and was used to fund the
continued development of Drupal that would not be the worst thing to
happen.

--Eric