[consulting] Drupal Certification and Requirements

paola.dimaio at gmail.com paola.dimaio at gmail.com
Fri Dec 21 13:04:46 UTC 2007

Hi Ashraf

I think there is agreeement that 'cetrificates' can be a  huge waste
of time and money
but when well designed, they actually can save a lot of time and money

I think what we are proposing here is an alternative model

and anyway, we all have different requirements
I am primarily a lecturer and researcher, and every other week I get
involved with a project
that requires a website for which I do not have time to do fundraising
so I end up paying out of my personal budgets

I do not have the focus to 'nurture a drupal organisation' -
my good drupal friends are always willing to give me a hand for free,
but I must work withing
clear requirements and tight budgets for many of my projects, and
cannot live on 'asking people favours' forever

this means, that my requirements, which is different from yours, need
to be on the table too
If someone can be helpd by some form of cert, then why should others
prevent that?

cheers

PDM

Paola Di Maio