[consulting] Searching for Drupal Developer for Video Delivery Website

info at nomadsland.com info at nomadsland.com
Sat Apr 12 17:10:55 UTC 2008

We are an online social issue film delivery LLC based in Virginia. Our URL
is HYPERLINK "http://www.nomadsland.com"www.nomadsland.com.

We have been working for six months on our Beta design site to be assembled
in Drupal 5.x using Amazon S3 for video content delivery of h264 progressive
download files.

This project is very cutting edge as we will be combining offline social
networking with HD video delivery.

Please take a careful look at our site and then contact us and please
compose your response carefully.  Please put Drupal Developer in the subject
line. Based on this response we will send you our official detailed RFP
document.

=====

OVERALL OBJECTIVE:
NomadsLand is a website that facilitates online downloads and streaming of
international social issue films which encourage international social issue
dialogue. Some say we are where advocacy meets arthouse. We aspire to be
something like an online documentary film festival and alternative
documentary  outlet. (Manifesto: HYPERLINK
"http://nomadsland.com/content/view/56/138/"http://nomadsland.com/content/vi
ew/56/138/) Our main focus is distributing feature length documentaries
which have made it into prominent film festivals over the past 10 years. The
new site will also create online & offline geographic-based social groups
for film screenings and campaigns for engagement a la Meetup.com.
(Reference: HYPERLINK
"http://movies.meetup.com/432"http://movies.meetup.com/432)

One of NomadsLand’s chief functions is to make available films found in
reputable international documentary film festivals, which are hardly ever
seen by the general public. We are well connected in the international
documentary community. Several thousand international social issue
documentary films exist and are just sitting on shelves. We want to make
them available through VOD and group screenings. Most of these films have
never gotten significant distribution and are unavailable on most commercial
services (Amazon Unbox, iTunes, etc.) because these platforms are generally
closed to independent filmmakers whose work isn’t overly commercial.

Another chief goal is to provide new revenue streams for struggling
independent filmmakers, online video creators, filmmakers and video
journalists through a more efficient system of film distribution.

Checked by AVG.
7:53 AM

Checked by AVG.
5:36 PM