[consulting] What do you use for your email newsletters?

Colan Schwartz colan at openject.com
Tue Mar 18 18:14:56 UTC 2008

> On 4 Feb 2008, at 07:21, Chris Adams wrote:
> > I often get requests from clients for email newsletter facilities, and
> > i know Drupal has a module that handles this, but I've usually chosen
> > a third party solution like Mailbuild, or Mailchimp over it though.
> > I'm doing this because there seems to be way more to email marketing
> > than simply bolting a module onto a Drupal install, and I don't have
> > the resources to track white lists and spam filtering, and all the
> > other niggly things about sending bulk emails.
> >
> > Well, those are the reasons the third party solutions give in their
> > sales pitch anyway!
> >
> > Has anyone here had good/bad experiences with providing Drupal-related
> > newsletter services to clients here they would be prepared to share?

Speaking of third-party solutions, I've got a client who's happy using
http://www.industrymailout.com/.  I was never able to finish it, but I
started writing a Drupal module to integrate with it:
http://drupal.org/project/mymailout.  If anyone's interested in in doing
any work on it, please let me know.
-c.
--