[consulting] General consultant's vent

Ayen Designs info at ayendesigns.com
Thu Aug 6 03:48:02 UTC 2009

Personally, I've been doing software for 30 years, and have been hearing
about the developer going away ever since the first '4th Generation
Language.'  It simply won't happen. Anything that can account for every
client's wishes would simply be too bloated and abstracted to be of any
use. As it is, I make more money modifying Drupal sites right now than I
do with scratch sites. It has only cut down on development requirement
with regards to content management (which not every site is) and the
admin panel development no the back-end to support it, but not on the
modifications that clients need. It's been an income boost.  I think
what my story really shows is that clients still don't know anything
about software, but think, more and more, that they do.