[consulting] Drupal Certification (was: General consultant'svent)

Laura pinglaura at gmail.com
Mon Aug 10 14:43:22 UTC 2009

On Aug 10, 2009, at Mon 8/10/09 8:23am, Alex Urevick-Ackelsberg wrote:

> Seriously- if you think it's meaningless don't respond, but why
> attempt to stifle what many (obviously) see as a worthwhile topic?

Isn't dissent worthwhile as well? I too see little value in
certification as an abstract concept. If a company with well
established credibility builds up a certification program that can
leverage that company's credibility, more power to them. And maybe --
maybe, but I would not say probably, as it would depend upon how they
go about it -- the community and ecosystem could benefit. Otherwise
it's a bunch of pie in the sky and looking for white knights.

imho.

Laura