[consulting] SF DrupalCon Proposal is During Passover Seders

Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue May 12 23:15:04 UTC 2009

I’m not Jewish myself, but I attended (and enjoyed) the Seder this year. It
was a fascinating experience. In preparation for this, I did some studying
for it.

While I understand the tradition that many families share it together, there
are also others who prefer to share it with others. So perhaps this would be
a good way to expand your families by sharing the Seder at the Drupalcon. I
am certain that in all of SF there has to be at least one local rabbi who
can lead it if none of the attendees feel comfortable doing so.

If I am so fortunate as to attend the Drupalcon, I would love to also
participate in the Seder, although I do not speak the language – and am not
a fan of gefilte fish. :-)

To me, it would seem the biggest obstacle with the dates would be the
dietary restrictions. I lived in the SF area for 4 years and never saw any
unleavened bread, although I am sure it can be arranged with this much
notice.

Nancy E. Wichmann, PMP
Injustice anywhere is a threat to justice everywhere. - Martin L. King, Jr.