[consulting] consulting Digest, Vol 59, Issue 5

Kelly Bell kelly at gothamcitydrupal.com
Fri Dec 10 01:18:38 UTC 2010

I suggest you charge the same as you would have charged if you had done it in the normal amount of time. Frequently I find that clients think that if they try to enforce unrealistic deadlines, they're going to save money and keep their site from going over-budget or -time. To discourage this very destructive behaviour and mindset, I suggest you do as another reader (quite rightly) suggested = 4x, because if it would normally take you 4 weeks and they're asking for it in a week - there's your differential. It acts as another confirmation of the 4x he suggested also, to consider the question in this way. You're not taking the site to both lose money and work yourself to death, I assume - the 4x is fair.

As those other intelligent respondents also suggested, you should consider not taking the gig - these kinds of clients are just awful to work with - they're the reason for "bad client" premiums, as far as that goes. Best of luck to you, and happy holidays.

-Kelly Bell
917.446.1555
twitter: @kelly @gothamdrupal
linkedin/in/kellyrbell