[consulting] Jquery slider not working -- drupal incompatibility issue?

Holly Ferree hferree at gmail.com
Tue Feb 2 16:02:33 UTC 2010

Hi All,

Hope everyone's week is going well.

I'm having trouble with drupal recognizing some jquery...

I have a client that wants a content slider with text overlay. By all
accounts what I have set up should work (I think), but I'm having trouble
getting the sliding part to work. Drupal acts like it's not getting the .js
files or vise versa...

I even downloaded the previous version (before the nice added css) and can't
get that to work either, but it does give a nice loading sign now...

This is what I want:
http://css-tricks.com/creating-a-slick-auto-playing-featured-content-slider/

This is the based JS stuff (I figured this is the bare bones option so I
tried it. This is the one that is on top... There is a nice loading
animation but that's it...I'd really like the top link to work since it is
much prettier and what my client wants):
http://www.ndoherty.com/demos/coda-slider/

My testing page is: http://cbf.holly.hobby-site.com/node/42/
(some of the CSS is messed up because I linked to both slider css files just
to see if that was somehow the error)

What do I do now? I don't know how to fix it. I had trouble with drupal and
a scrollto jquery slider as well a few months ago (kept getting javascript
errors, and since I'm not very good with javascript had a very unhappy time
and had to go with my third choice because nothing else worked). Is this
just common with Drupal 6 or do I just really know how to make this kinda
stuff not work?

Site specs (if it matters):

Drupal                      6.15
Access to update.php        Protected
Configuration file          Protected
Cron maintenance tasks      Last run 8 hours 39 min ago
Database updates            Up to date
Drupal core update status   Up to date
File system                 Writable (public download method)
GD library                  bundled (2.0.34 compatible)
MySQL database              5.1.30
PHP                         5.2.11
PHP memory limit            128M
PHP register globals        Disabled
Unicode library             PHP Mbstring Extension
Update notifications        Enabled
Upload progress             Not enabled
Web server                  Apache/2.2.13 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.2.13
OpenSSL/0.9.7l DAV/2 PHP/5.2.11

cURL                        Enabled
jQuery UI                   1.6

Thanks. Any advice is appreciated.