[consulting] Learning environment with Drupal / Moodle

Sami Khan sami at etopian.net
Wed Jun 23 23:55:41 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-06-23 at 17:44 -0500, Sarah Poger Gladstone wrote:
> I am trying to boil down criteria of when Moodle + Drupal is
> appropriate versus Drupal + configurations to support individual class
> areas ( eg organic groups, CCK, content accesss, etc )  Most likely
> CiviCRM will be in the mix as well.

Would not recommend mish mashing stuff like this. People who recommend
it don't know what they are committing to in terms of maintaining such a
monster. Do it all in Drupal, do it all in Moodle, or roll your own
system from scratch if you have the money. That's my view and what I
would recommend to a customer that wanted me to create such a
monstrosity.

Can it be done. Yes. Can it be easily maintained, I don't think so...
There are exceptions such as if you only need to integrate logins. But
creating a monster by combining multiple systems like this is not a good
idea IMO.

Regards,
Sami