[consulting] CiviCRM / Drupal integration expert

Christian Pearce pearcec at xforty.com
Thu May 6 03:10:53 UTC 2010

I sort of find this thread a bit interesting. Isn't CiviCRM a derivative from Drupal way way back in the DeanSpace days? I want to know why they took the time to separate it when CivicSpaces was being developed. Probably making the maintenance easier only having to focus on the Civi parts.

I do think the comments about the OpenAtrium make sense. Especially since in the last couple of years Drupal has demonstrated we can create distributions of functionality around Drupal. But I think if it is going to be successful we need to implement it the Drupal way, IE community plumbing. So make a module that handles donations for all payment processors really well, or handles event registration and plugins into payment processing. Etc, so people can mix and match how they want the system to work, further people create distributions centered on non-profits, campaigns, or what ever.

I think the trouble I have with this thread is because of what was noted earlier, CiviCRM does a really descent job for price considering the alternatives. I have been able to put together campaign sites relatively cheap. And yes things are a bear at times, but not so bad I am will to devote time to reinventing the wheel. It just doesn't seem worth the time. I rather try to improve the existing software. I guess I am just pragmatic about it.

* The comments about changing the template system doesn't work cause it runs on Joomla as well.

--
Christian Pearce
xforty technologies