[consulting] Keeping Web Sites Updated

George Lee georgeleejr617 at gmail.com
Tue May 11 17:24:56 UTC 2010

> Secondly comments about volunteers 'not following through'.  As a volunteer
> Drupal developer in my community, I often find that my frustration is
> getting organizations to follow through on *their* role in the process.

> it's almost made me want to *charge* something, as sometimes money means people will follow through

Agreed also. I think in general relying on volunteers can be a
not-good setup because it shows a lack of investment by an
organization, and it relies on the good will of a volunteer who may
not be around forever. As someone who's done a ton of volunteer work
for organizations and now trying to figure out how they can sustain
web sites after I leave -- as well as someone who's trying to get a
little more income to fund some community projects I do -- I'm more
interested in trying to figure out how to create a sustainable setup,
probably with an actual budget.

Thanks for everyone's input so far!

Peace, community, justice,
- George

--
*** http://saveyouthjobs.org ***
  Help stop the youth jobs crisis! 9000 youth jobs across

*** http://bostonworkersalliance.org ***
  Pass CORI reform now! The Massachusetts House of Representatives
will vote on CORI reform the next few weeks. Help us make sure they:
(1) eliminate the checkbox from applications, (2) reduce the waiting
periods for CORI's, and (3) remove "dismissed" and "not guilty" cases
from people's records.