[consulting] Consultant Community

Ms. Nancy Wichmann nan_wich at bellsouth.net
Tue Aug 23 23:33:58 UTC 2011

You wouldn't have a link to that revelation, would you? Ten years ago, IBM
was billing me at $300 per hour and paying me less than $40. So re-billing rates may not mean much.

Please don't confuse "outsource" with "offshore." Like me, many of us on this list are freelancers - that is, outsourcing material. "Offshore" refers to acquiring resources from outside one's home country. For example,
if a US based company hires someone from the US, they are outsourcing.
If they hire someone from Viet Nam, they are outsourcing from offshore
(commonly shortened to "offshoring"). Likewise, I have heard of Indian
companies hiring project managers (or customer liaisons) in the US; that would be offshore to them, and those project managers would be
double-offshore to the original client.

Nancy