[consulting] Feasibility

Andrew R. Kelly arkelly at cognisync.com
Tue Feb 14 14:36:49 UTC 2012

Amy, it appears you still have confusion over what Drupal Gardens is.  It is
a Drupal development platform with pre-defined modules which run on a D7
core, essentially Drupal-in-a-box for non-Drupal people to build Drupal
websites.  They also hosts the end result, which is why you probably are
viewing it as a hosting provider.  Before you decide on that hosting
solution you should decide whether or not their canned set of modules and
theme capabilities can support your existing site, and that they have the
ability to allow you to actually use that 10 hrs/week for your developer to
customize the way you want (I doubt it).

If it were my dollars I'd contract with a freelancer here that is familiar
with Drupal Gardens to do a quick feasibility study (1-2 day effort).  I'd
include in that study a request for hosting options if Drupal Gardens turns
out to NOT be the best route.   Your biggest challenge will be finding
someone with DG experience since its designed to NOT need bright folks like
this list has ;).

Hope this helps, just trying to help you get the most from your non-profit
dollars.

Andrew