[drupal-devel] New Archive Archive Module

Tim Altman web at timaltman.com
Fri Apr 1 09:26:20 UTC 2005

On Fri, 01 Apr 2005 10:26:25 +0200, CodeMonkeyX <codemonkeyx at gmail.com>
wrote:

> The current archive module for Drupal is inadequate, plain and simple.

[...]

> So my new module had a few features that I really felt were required.
>
>     * Navigation: a new system for navigating the archives was
> required. The new system should provide a more granular way for users
> to browse the archive by date or by node type.

	Likes good.  I like the traditional calendar layout, but yours has its
merits, too.

>     * URL Feedback: provides the user with a familiar way to keep
> track of their position in the archive, and also provides a easy way
> for people to link to specific areas of the archive.

	Nice.  I noticed a bug: after viewing one month, the posts don't update
after going to another month.

>     * Filter by Date or Type: the old module just displayed all nodes.
> I thought it would be better if the user to specify if they wanted to
> view only blog nodes, or forum nodes, etc.

	It might be nice to tie this in with taxonomy, too.

[...]

> Tell me what you think, and what could be done to make it better.

	I'm not sure if you wanted feedback on list.  Please let me know if you'd
rather take this to your site.

--
Tim Altman