[drupal-devel] Re: CVS question: Multiple branch tags on a module

Sheldon Rampton sheldon at prwatch.org
Thu Apr 14 02:23:35 UTC 2005

I wrote:

>  > However, the 4.5 branch still doesn't appear as the "latest
>>  release" when I go to the project page:
>>
>>  http://drupal.org/project/interwiki
>>
>>  If people click on the "download latest release," they still get an
>>  old version of the module rather than the current version. What can
>  > I do to fix this?

And Jim Riggs replied:

>It looks like you just committed changes over an hour ago.  There is
>a script that runs on the server that packages the tar.gz files every
>6 hours (I think).  Wait a few hours and check it again.  It will get
>updated.

OK, I waited and Jim was right. The tar.gz file now reflects my
commit. The only thing now is that the project page still lists
December 31, 2004 as the "latest release" date. This is a minor
detail, of course. My main concern was making a current version
available for download, and that's now accomplied. However, is there
any way to get the latest release date changed on the project page?

--Sheldon Rampton