[drupal-devel] Becomming a contributor for the project module

Gabor Hojtsy gabor at hojtsy.hu
Mon Aug 29 18:13:55 UTC 2005

Hi Ricardo,

> I recently added two new patches for the project module. I appreciate
> developers are busy people, but it's now been over a week and no-one
> has committed the patches and only one person has reviewed a patch:
>
> http://drupal.org/node/29050
> http://drupal.org/node/29061
>
> I would like to make a few further changes to the project module and
> even write my own modules for Subversion/CVS integration and have
> applied for committer status (over a week ago now) but have yet to
> hear back. Is there a moratorium on new committers? Is someone already
> looking after the project module? If not, what is the likelihood that
> I could be made a committer?

It is always the best idea to directly contact the module maintainers,
and ask for permission to commit changes and additions, and/or bring
your patches to their attention. I for one have been (and I am) quilty
of not doing much maintanance on modules showing up as maintained by me,
but in case I see some positive takeover offer, I mostly grant and let
the module evolve. Since project module is an integral part of the
Drupal project, and is heavily used on drupal.org, it is a different
matter however. Anyway, you need to contact the maintainer(s) directly.

Regards,
Gabor Hojtsy