[drupal-devel] Becomming a contributor for the project module

Ricardo Gladwell ricardo.gladwell at gmail.com
Mon Aug 29 19:12:51 UTC 2005

On 29/08/05, Gabor Hojtsy <gabor at hojtsy.hu> wrote:
> It is always the best idea to directly contact the module maintainers,
> and ask for permission to commit changes and additions, and/or bring
> your patches to their attention. I for one have been (and I am) quilty
> of not doing much maintanance on modules showing up as maintained by me,
> but in case I see some positive takeover offer, I mostly grant and let
> the module evolve. Since project module is an integral part of the
> Drupal project, and is heavily used on drupal.org, it is a different
> matter however. Anyway, you need to contact the maintainer(s) directly.

With all due respect , I would have thought posting issues in the bug
database against the project module and then, when that didn't work,
posting to the devel mailing list here would be sufficient to at least
attract someone's attention.

What with all the hoops I need to jump through just to get a couple of
minor patches submitted to the project module, I'm beginning to feel
that the effort outweighs the benefits. I will endeavour to contact
the module maintainers, but if anyone else get's the time to review
the patches or, failing that, review my CVS access submission, I would
be most grateful.

Kind regards...

--
Ricardo Gladwell <ricardo.gladwell at gmail.com>