[development] Scratching an itch:Machine Learning

Mark Fredrickson mfredrickson at ppmns.org
Tue Dec 6 16:46:22 UTC 2005

> In order to get any sort of AI and / or learning system in, we need:
>  * external libraries, PHP is Just Not Ready for this. (performance, memory,
> and library wise)

Hmm. If not PHP, then were is the logic? I'm most familiar with the Weka
toolkit:

http://www.cs.waikato.ac.nz/ml/weka/

Weka is a series of Java classes that implement different learning
algorithms (and some helper classes to display, format, and test datasets).

Would users be able to install these .jars? Or is this asking too much of
Joe P. Blogger?

(Weka is GPL if you're wondering.)

-M