[development] Scratching an itch:Machine Learning

Robert Douglass rob at robshouse.net
Tue Dec 6 16:56:14 UTC 2005

Mark Fredrickson wrote:

> Hmm. If not PHP, then were is the logic? I'm most familiar with the Weka
> Would users be able to install these .jars? Or is this asking too much of
> Joe P. Blogger?
>
> (Weka is GPL if you're wondering.)

Definitely not. If you want Joe Blogger to use your work, you need to
either write a normal Drupal module that requires, at most, a database
upgrade and possibly an external PHP library that can be copied into the
module's directory, or you need to offer a web service that can be
accept POST data on cron runs and return analysis.

On the other hand, a large number of Drupal power users would have no
problem using Java libraries.

-Robert