[development] Issues for 4.7 release cycle (wasDrupal 4.7.0 beta2 / rc?)

puregin puregin at puregin.org
Fri Dec 16 00:04:39 UTC 2005

On 14-Dec-2005, at 5:54 AM, Dries Buytaert wrote:
>> I would think the next beta should be pushed when the only bugs
>> left on the critical list are ones that should really have
>> normal priority.

> May I suggest that everyone bookmarks the following URL:
>
>   http://drupal.org/project/issues?
> projects=3060&categories=bug,task&priorities=1&states=1,8,13,14,2
>
> It is a list of all critical bugs in core that need attention.
> There are approximately 190 critical bugs at the time of this writing.

1) Is there a policy regarding what
constitutes critical, normal, minor?
It looks to me like some of the given
critical issues are not as critical as
others.

2) Would it make sense to go through
the list of issues and prune them?
Then we can encourage people to
look at only issues that are truly critical.

     I'd be happy to take a crack at 2),
if someone could answer 1) for me.

3) Also, a number of critical issues relate
to versions 4.6 and earlier. How can we
figure out which of these are relevant to
the 4.7 release candidates?

     If an issue is reported against version
4.5, but it also applies to CVS, should
the version be changed to CVS?  Is these
some magic that updates issue tagged
with CVS once a release is tagged?

    Djun