[drupal-devel] settings inconsistencies

Andre Molnar mcsparkerton at yahoo.co.uk
Wed Feb 2 09:53:50 UTC 2005

Boris Mann wrote:

>>Patch to follow if the attached screen capture is what you would like.
> Should be "profile settings" (no "s" on profile).

Yup - typo :P

> And configure contains the following still?
> * settings
> * permissions
> * roles

see attached

> Personally, I'd love to have an something like Administer ->
> Permissions that had *just* permissions and roles. Yes, these are tied
> to "users", but they are a separate activity except when actually
> applying roles to users. As well, any node access-related options
> would go in this area (node privacy by role, taxonomy access, etc.).

That is actually the current state of CVS - except that 'rules' are also
there.

> We talk a lot about "setting permissions", but it is at least 4 clicks
> to get to the permissions screen and not visible at all until you are
> at Admin > Users > Configure.

Well the attached screen capture is halfway between the two options - 2
less click from the way it used to be - and one more click from the way
it is right now.

A pretty good trade off IMO. Keeps it grouped with users and still saves
clicks.

andre